[PyQt] eric5 crash with PyQt4 windows installer for Qt5

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Apr 20 15:43:20 BST 2013

Hello,

I am observing a crash with eric5 using Python 3.3 and the PyQt4
installer with Qt5. Starting eric5 without opening a file, it crashes as
soon as a tooltip is about to be shown by Qt5. Starting it with opening
a file, it crashes as soon as the file is about to be shown in an editor.
Everything works fine on Linux and Mac OS X. Using the installer
including Qt 4.8.4 everything works as well. Unfortunately I have no
clue about what is going on here. Any hint (or fix) is welcome.

Regards,
Detlev--
*Detlev Offenbach*
detlev at die-offenbachs.de