[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v4.10.1 Released

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Apr 23 18:53:58 BST 2013

Hello Phil,

please disregard the first part of the message. Doing some more
investigations showed, that Windwos tricked me. Sorry for the noise.

Meanwhile I found a new issue. Calling e.g. qhelpgenerator as delivered
with the lates PyQt4 with Qt5 installer gives this error message:

Failed to load platform plugin "minimal". Available platforms are: windows.

In deed, the platforms plugin directory only contains qwindows.dll. How can
I overcome this issue?

Yet another observation. Entering the following in a Python 3.3 shell gives
a wrong output.

>>> from PyQt4.QtCore import QLibraryInfo
>>> QLibraryInfo.location(QLibraryInfo.BinariesPath)
'C:/Qt/5.0.2/bin'

I would have expected something like "C:\Python33\Lib\site-
packages\PyQt4", because that is where the executable reside when
installed via the installer. How can I overcome this issue?

Regards,
Detlev

On Monday 22 April 2013, 21:39:58 Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:34:42 +0200, Detlev Offenbach
>
> <detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am observing a strange behavior when using the PyQt4, Python 3.3,
Qt5
> > installer when starting eric5. There appears a dialog saying something
> > like
> > 'There is no medium in drive D:'. This message appears twice.
Selecting
> > Cancel keeps eric going. It does not appear when using the installer for
> >
> > Qt4. What is going on here?
>
> Absolutely no idea. 64 bit or 32 bit?
>
> > Some installers seem to be missing the QScintilla.api file.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Detlev
>
> Phil
*Detlev Offenbach*