[PyQt] Compiling PyQt5 on a Raspberry Pi

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 5 20:24:18 BST 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> This is not specific to Raspbian, but happens on all systems
> where qreal == float (i.e. all ARM systems). This particular
> issue happens because in qbrush.sip we have:
>
>   typedef QVector<QPair<double, QColor>> QGradientStops;
>
> while in Qt 5.1 qreal is used instead of double:
>
>   typedef QPair<qreal, QColor> QGradientStop;
>   typedef QVector<QGradientStop> QGradientStops;
>
> However, this is not the only issue that makes the build fail.
> In Debian, we have a patch that fixes more issues. We haven't
> yet finished updating it for PyQt5, so it doesn't fully solve
> the problem (any help in finalizing it is appreciated). I have
> attached the current version of that patch.

I will add that the remaining issue is: http://paste.debian.net/22474/

The generated sipQtWebKitWidgetspart8.cpp has this line:

typedef void (*sipVH_QtWidgets_116)(sip_gilstate_t,
sipVirtErrorHandlerFunc, sipSimpleWrapper *, PyObject *, double
*,double *,double *,double *);

I guess this is a bug in sip, there should be qreal's there (as
defined in qgraphicswidget.sip).

--
Dmitry Shachnev