[PyQt] PyQt4 webkit not loading java applets with Oracle java

Gauvain Pocentek gauvain at pocentek.net
Thu Aug 15 09:00:32 BST 2013

Hello,

I'm developing a PyQt4/WebKit application. PyQt4 has a surprising
behavior, it can't load java applets in QWebView's if I use the Oracle
java (latest release of java 7 jre/sdk). I end up with a lego brick
instead of the applet on the page.

The problem seems to come from PyQt4 because the same applet loads fine
if I use the same QWebView in C++.

My test page is http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp, my
platform is Ubuntu raring (13.04), i386 and amd64.

OpenJDK works fine, but I need the Oracle java...

Is there a trick to make this work with PyQt4?

Let me know if you need code samples for tests.

Thanks,
Gauvain