[PyQt] Next PyQt5 and SIP Releases

John Donovan john at geospark.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 12:47:02 BST 2013

Raspberry Pi using the Qt5 packages from http://twolife.be/raspbian/
and PyQt-gpl-5.0.1-snapshot-7e6f3768c519

Running configure with:
python3 configure.py --verbose --confirm-license --enable=QtCore
--enable=QtGui --enable=QtOpenGL --enable=QtQml --enable=QtQuick
--enable=QtDBus

Works, but it does report:
The qmlscene plugin was disabled because the Python library couldn't be found.

It may be that I have missed a module from the Qt5 repo.

make works fine and everything seems to compile, but when I try to
import QtQml (or QtQuick):
from PyQt5 import QtQml

I get:
ImportError: /usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/PyQt5/QtQml.so:
undefined symbol: _ZN11QQmlPrivate10createIntoI13QPyQmlObject5EEvPv

The other modules I've built all import OK.

-JD