[PyQt] Version strings in Qt 4.8 PyQt 4.9

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 22:53:39 GMT 2013

>> Everything seems to work correctly except this small thing: it used to
>> be that I could get version strings from Qt.PYQT_VERSION_STR and
>> Qt.qVersion() but now those attributes of Qt are undefined.
>>
>> Does this indicate that I've done something wrong in the installation?

> Works fine for me.
> Phil

I deleted Qt and every PyQt- and sip-related file I could find.
I installed a new Python 2.7.3 from python.org and reset my
.profile PYTHONHOME to address it. Tested. Works.

I downloaded and ran the installer for Qt 4.8.4. It reported success.

I downloaded and ran the PyQtX 4.9.4 installer from sourceforge
and it displayed a window with "PyQt4 and Qt are working!" or
words to that effect. Woo-hoo!

    [14:38 ~] python
    Python 2.7.3 (v2.7.3:70274d53c1dd, Apr  9 2012, 20:52:43)
    [GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin
    >>> from PyQt4.QtCore import Qt
    >>> Qt.PYQT_VERSION_STR
    Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
      AttributeError: type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'PYQT_VERSION_STR'
    >>> Qt.qVersion()
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
      AttributeError: type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'qVersion'

BUT HOWEVER!

    >>> import PyQt4.QtCore as QtCore
    >>>  QtCore.PYQT_VERSION_STR
    '4.9.4'
    >>> QtCore.QT_VERSION_STR
    '4.8.2'

So I dunno. Those'll do, but didn't the Qt.ones exist before?

Also I note that the PyQtX package seems to have down-leveled
my Qt 4.8.4, or some part of it. I wonder what parts?