[PyQt] no KTextEditor HighlightInterface?

Bernd Buschinski b.buschinski at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:51:56 GMT 2013

Hello,

I just installed pyKDE 4.10 and wanted to port a tiny C++ programm to python.
But it seems pykde misses KTextEditor HighlightInterface? or am I just unabled
to find it? Is there any reason why it misses this? or was it just forgotten?

In C++ I would do something like:

KTextEditor::HighlightInterface *iface =
qobject_cast<KTextEditor::HighlightInterface*>( doc );

to get the HighlightInterface, I don't even know how to do a qobject_cast in
pyQt yet, but seems like the missing HighlightInterface is the first problem.

it would be very helpful if you can clarify this,

Bernd Buschinski