[PyQt] QTcpSocket connections

Jorge Tornero - Listas jtorlistas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:31:55 BST 2013

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to share a digital scale through the network, making it able
to receive tare/send weight commands.
The scale is connected to a remote computer (a raspberry pi, by the way)
with a serial converter an the raspi is executing remserial, thus makin
avalilable the serial port to the network through port 23000.

Because I am making my application with PyQt4, I have chosen to use
QTcpSocket to do the communications between the computers. It is pretty
easy and I am able to get what i want (sending command and receiving
weights) just by:

soc=QtNetwork.QTcpSocket()

soc.connectToHost('174.33.22.11',23000)

soc.writeData('01ST@')
print soc.readAll()
soc.disconnectFromHost()

And of course I get the weight and I am able to repeat the cycle
connect-poll-receive-disonnect

The problem is whe I put that into a function like:

def captura():

   soc=QtNetwork.QTcpSocket(app)
   comandoCaptura=chr(6)+'01S@'+chr(13)
   soc.connectToHost('172.23.2.25',23000)
   soc.writeData(comandoCaptura)
   a=soc.readAll()
   print a
   soc.disconnectFromHost()
   return a

Ther is no wai to make it works. I guess is a basic python issue, but
can anyone help?