[PyQt] imageformat plugins under Mac OS X - where are they???

Timothy W. Grove tim_grove at sil.org
Sun Jun 9 09:39:45 BST 2013

Hi Folks,

I've just entered the world of PyQt programming on Mac OS X (Mountain
Lion). Mostly an enjoyable experience, but finding my way around the
file system is giving me headaches!!!

I've installed Python 3.3 and PyQt4 using the following instructions
found at http://www.pythonschool.net/cxfreeze_mac/. Handy, since I also
use cx_Freeze to package my application.

I need to include the image format plugins with my distribution. On my
Windows machine they would be located under
C:\\Python32\\Lib\\site-packages\\PyQt4\\plugins\\imageformats, but I am
having difficulty locating them on Mac. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Timothy Grove