[PyQt] Installing PyQt 5 on Mac OS X (10.6.8 Snow Leopard)

Anzir Boodoo ab at transcience.co.uk
Thu Jun 27 16:22:51 BST 2013

William,
On 27 Jun 2013, at 15:40, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> Xcode on OSX 10.6 doesn't have clang++, all c++ is handled directly in "clang", though I think the early versions of clang here don't fully support c++.  You're better off with llvm-g++.  Xcode added clang++ in later versions starting with Lion.
>
> You should try to use a different qmake spec, either macx-g++ or macx-llvm.

Really sorry about this, but I'm a bit of a newbie to XCode's ways...

In PyQt's configure.py there is this:

>         # The binary MacOS/X Qt installer defaults to XCode.  If this is what
>         # we might have then use macx-clang.

> if sys.platform == 'darwin':
>             if qt_config.QMAKE_SPEC == 'macx-xcode':
>                 # This will exist (and we can't check anyway).
>                 self.qmake_spec = 'macx-clang'
>             else:
>                 # No need to explicitly name the default.
>                 self.qmake_spec = ''

I guess this is referring to some configuration file in Qt

Can I just replace 'macx-clang' with 'macx-llvm' here?

Thanks

--
Anzir Boodoo, PhD student
The Institute for Transport Studies, The University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT