[PyQt] Designer Customer Widget

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat May 11 00:27:42 BST 2013

On Wed, 08 May 2013 15:20:26 -0500, Stephen Funkhouser wrote:

[...]

> Is it possible to get Qt Designer to save custom properties of the
> inherited QTreeWidgetItems objects?

I guess it's more of a Qt Designer question than a PyQt question but you
would need to find out if a C++ custom widget suffers from the same
problem to be sure.

It's been a long time since I looked at Designer. It may be that it only
only saves certain properties out to .ui files, but there may also be a
problem with how it examines custom properties and how those are registered
using PyQt. The only vague recollection I have, apart from realising that
Qt relies on information that is usually provided by plugins at compile time,
is the thought that custom property types seemed difficult to do with PyQt.
Custom properties themselves should be OK - I think.

It might be a long shot, but have you looked at the PyQt examples to see if
any do something similar to what you are doing?

David