[PyQt] Build error with PyQt4 4.10 on Mac 10.7.5

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue May 21 18:12:59 BST 2013

Hi Phil,

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 4:28 AM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 17:21:37 -0600, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Trying to get the latest PyQt4 4.10 to build but running into this error
> > [0].
> >
> > Using sip 4.14.5, Qt 4.8.4 on Mac 10.7.5 with XCode 4.5.1's default
> > compiler (from command line).
> >
> > [0] http://pastebin.com/as5SkZMP
>
> You probably have a mismatch between the sip executable being used to
> generate the code and the sip.h that the generated code #includes.

Finally got back to this. Indeed the issue was a different header being
included. I had (evidently) accidentally installed sip 4.14.0 in the Mac
System path before (I usually prefix to /usr/local).

However, I did notice an issue when configuring/installing PyQt4, where it
did not seems to honor the configured .sip dest dir.

sip build configure:
python2.7 configure.py -d /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages \
  -b /usr/local/bin -e /usr/local/include -v /usr/local/share/sip

PyQt4 build configure:
python2.7 configure.py -d /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages \
  -b /usr/local/bin -n /usr/local/Qt4.8/qsci

The .sip files for PyQt4 were placed in:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/share/sip/PyQt4
not:
/usr/local/share/sip/PyQt4

specifically adding the following to the PyQt4 build configure line worked:
-v /usr/local/share/sip/PyQt4

This was with both configure.py and configure-ng.py. Shouldn't the .sip
dest dir be picked up from sip as a default for building PyQt4?

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota