[PyQt] PyQt Learning Sources for MVC Pattern and Why Does QT

David Boddie david.boddie at met.no
Thu May 30 09:56:19 BST 2013

On Thu May 30 00:02:34 BST 2013, I wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 May 2013, d hee wrote:
> > Thanks, I am thinking about buying the book "Rapid GUI Programming with
> > Python and Qt by mark summerfield which was published in 2007". Would 2007
> > be up to date enough to use the mapper class? And would it also explain
> > delegates? It's pretty pricey so I wanted to make sure before I buy it.
>
> It should explain delegates, though I don't remember to what degree it does
> so. I imagine it also covers the QDataWidgetMapper class, at least as part
> of its coverage of databases, but I would have to check. I'll try and look
> at it tomorrow (Thursday) and let you know.

It seems to contain custom delegates up to a point - it doesn't mention
QStyledItemDelegate, but you would use that in the same way as QItemDelegate,
which is covered.

QDataWidgetMapper is also covered. The InformIT page has a number of
links in the "Sample Content" tab, including one to a PDF of the index. This
is useful to see which classes are covered in the book.

I seem to remember a discussion about the price of the book on this mailing
list a long time ago in which there were references to online retailers that
offered discounts on the official price. These days, it seems that the choice
of retailers is more limited than before.

David