[PyQt] qmlRegisterType limited to 20 Classes?

Tobias Lausch lausch at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Nov 12 10:35:51 GMT 2013

Hi there,

While being glad of having the possibility to use qmlRegisterType,
I now ran into the following lines of "hard limitation". Since I found
it nowhere in the documentation that there is any maximum amount of
classes available to the C interface, I'm now kind of stuck in the
middle of translating our laboratory framework to a qml-based gui.

qpy/QtQml/qpyqml_register_type.cpp:
"a maximum of %d types may be registered with QML", NrOfTypes);
qpy/QtQml/qpyqml_register_singleton_type.cpp:
"a maximum of %d singleton types may be registered with QML",
qpy/QtQuick/qpyquickitem.cpp:
"a maximum of %d QQuickItem types may be registered with QML",
qpy/QtQuick/qpyquickpainteditem.cpp:
"a maximum of %d QQuickPaintedItem types may be registered with QML",

Is there going to be dynamic allocation to solve this problem?

Yours Sincerely,
Tobias Lausch