[PyQt] ANN: SIP v4.15.1 Released

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Nov 20 15:16:45 GMT 2013

On Mittwoch, 20. November 2013 08:27:45 Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 00:17:20 +0100, Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net>
>
> wrote:
>
> Again, probably a missing (private this time) reimplementation.

Okay, got it, built it, and it worked so far. Lightly tested only.

You made my day, Phil, thank you.

Without these fixes, PyQt3 applications are going to have bad luck soon: new
distributions roll out sip 4.15+ (e.g. openSUSE 13.1), and replacing that with
all dependent packages built on sip 4.14-anything will be going to be VERY
painful. Literally. Promised.

I guess, some people are going to suffer from it soon, so here we go the other
route.. Let's see, if something for PyKDE3 could be done as well.

openSUSE people should check home:frispete:PyQt on OBS.

Cheers,
Pete