[PyQt] qApp.keyboardInputLocale() - bug or misunderstanding?

Timothy W. Grove tim_grove at sil.org
Fri Nov 29 11:20:19 GMT 2013

My current keyboard is English. The result of
*/print(qApp.keyboardInputDirection(),
qApp.keyboardInputLocale().language())/* is "0 31" showing that the
keyboard layout is left-right and the language is English. If I change
my keyboard to a language with a right-left layout, such as Hebrew or
Arabic, the result is "1 31" showing a change of keyboard input
direction but indicating that the language is still English.

Is this a bug with qApp.keyboardInputLocale() or is my expection of its
result incorrect?

How can I retrieve the country/language name of the new keyboard layout?
(Windows & OSX)

Thanks for any help.
Tim

PyQt4-4.10.3-gpl-Py3.3-Qt4.8.5-x32