[PyQt] Fwd: Re: c++ app integrate PyQt

David Boddie davidb at met.no
Tue Oct 1 17:04:03 BST 2013

On Tue Oct 1 16:08:23 BST 2013, John Fabiani wrote:

> On 10/01/2013 08:00 AM, David Boddie wrote:

[...]

> > You don't have to wrap the entire API or rewrite the whole application.
> > You just need to identify which classes need to be exposed to Python and
> > wrap those.

[...]

> I'm so sorry David - I must be dumber that normal today because I'm now
> confused.  I think I'll wait for the small example.  I at first I
> thought all I needed to do was wrap the login, and one class that the
> python side would need.  But then I read your posting and came away with
> the idea that I needed to make everything a 'lib'.

It should just be a simple change to the build, but perhaps I'm making things
too complicated. First things first: can you say how you plan to call the
Python objects from C++? PythonQt is designed for that kind of thing, if I
remember correctly, but I would find it daunting to do the same thing with
sip, although I know there is an API for it.

What I'm doing with the C++ application I'm working with is to create objects
I need in Python, then I pass them to the C++ part of the application where
they can be used. It might not be appropriate for what you want to do, but
we'll see.

David