[PyQt] SIP_ANYSLOT vs SIP_SLOT vs SIP_SLOT_CON()

Sébastien Sablé sable at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 10 15:17:25 BST 2013

[sorry previous email was sent before I finished it]

Hi,

I want to bind with sip a connect method which can be used with a slot for
which the signature will change from one call to the other.

The class looks a bit like that:

class Foo
{
Q_OBJECT
public:
    void connect(const int eventType, QObject *receiver, const char
*member);
}

I have seen quite a few example in the doc or in PyQt using SIP_RXOBJ_CON
and SIP_SLOT_CON.
However it seems SIP_SLOT_CON can only be used when you know the signature
of your signal in advance.

The documentation mentions also SIP_SLOT and SIP_ANYSLOT but is very light
on the details.
SIP_ANYSLOT requires to write some custom code to handle conversion as can
be seen in the code for QShortcut.
I could not find any example for SIP_SLOT anywhere.

What is the difference between SIP_ANYSLOT and SIP_SLOT? Which one should I
use? And can you provide an example when using SIP_SLOT?

Thanks in advance
Best regards

--
Sebastien Sable