[PyQt] Building PyQt5

Dmitrijs Ledkovs xnox at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 11 09:17:15 BST 2013

On 10 September 2013 17:32, pwuertz <pwuertz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to compile PyQt5 on my Ubuntu 13.04 system. After successfully
> running configure.py, the compiler immediately stopped due to "Python.h" not
> being found. The include path configure.py wrote to the .pro files was
> /usr/local/include/python2.7, whereas my python headers are in
> /usr/local/python2.7. The /usr/local path is returned by
> sysconfig.get_path('include') in configure.py. `python-config
> --cflags`however reports the correct one. Is Ubuntu's python installation
> broken or are the sysconfig paths actually a hint where to install new
> headers to, instead of where to expect the python headers?
>
> Apart from the include path and an error message when doing "make install"
> strip:/usr/bin/pyuic5: File format not recognized
> PyQt5 seems to work fine.

$ python-config --cflags
-I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/python2.7
-fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security  -DNDEBUG
-g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes

Please note that headers on debian/ubuntu systems are split between
generic (same across all CPU architectures) and architecture specific.
I know for sure that python[3]-config lists them, can't remember what
the python api is to get those as all.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.