[PyQt] Building SIP/PyQt5 for Python 2.7 on Windows

"V. Armando Solé" sole at esrf.fr
Mon Apr 7 14:57:50 BST 2014

On 07/04/2014 13:32, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Arve Knudsen <arve.knudsen at gmail.com
> <mailto:arve.knudsen at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>     I need to build SIP and PyQt5 for Python 2.7 on Windows, using
>     Visual Studio. How does one get hold of the right version of
>     Visual Studio (2008) these days?
>

> Talk to the vendor of the tool you need, aka Microsoft or check if you
> can get it from a retailer somewhere
>
> Andreas

To say that better say nothing.

The Visual Studio 2008 Express edition complemented with the Windows SDK
used to be fine simply the link is a bit "hard to find these days"
because now one gets directed to the 2102 version.

You can give a try to:

Although I have not tested it with PyQt5, it should provide at least the
appropriate compiler.

Armando