[PyQt] Having multiple SIP installations

Kovid Goyal kovid at kovidgoyal.net
Tue Apr 15 18:52:18 BST 2014

Thanks.

Couple of reasons for needing custom builds:

1) The system SIP is too old for the current PyQt5 release

2) I like to sometimes alter the source code and re-build to help me
understand how something works when I am investigating a new package.

3) Generally when dealing with cutting edge packages I prefer not to
have them available system wide, just in case they cause problems with
other software on the system.

Kovid.