[PyQt] Use of main() function makes otherwise identical program crash

R Johnson ps16thypresenceisfullnessofjoy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 21:41:33 BST 2014

Phil,

Thank you for your reply and for your quick fix to the problem.

Since this problem is so easy to work around, I'll keep using the stable
version of PyQt for now, but I'll look forward to having the problem
fixed in a future stable version.

Also, I was wondering why PyQt5 x32 uses an older version of Qt than
PyQt5 x64 (Qt 5.2.0 vs. Qt 5.2.1)? Although I am running a 64-bit
system, I am (intentionally) using the 32-bit version of Python, and
would like to be able to use the latest version of Qt.

Thank you.

-- Timothy