[PyQt] How to compile with PyQt5?

Kovid Goyal kovid at kovidgoyal.net
Mon Aug 4 11:02:33 BST 2014

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 04:11:13AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Based on your stated need, I've gone ahead and added PyQt5 packages for
> python2 and one set of sip files in  /usr/share/sip/PyQt5 based on Phil's
> feedback.

Glad to hear it, although the official calibre release comes with all
its dependencies bundled. The need is only for building your own calibre
packages, or for someone trying to build calibre from source on Debian.

> You need QScintilla2 python bindings build for Qt5 and python2 as well, right?

No, calibre does not use QScintilla. The only reason I mentioned
QScintilla in this thread is that Phil recommends using its configure.py
as a template for other people writing PyQt extensions, and that
template has the SIP bindings location issue I described earlier.