[PyQt] Linguist and Lrelease issue

Gianluca Romanin romaninz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 08:40:57 BST 2014

Hi all,

I installed PyQt5 5.3.1 on windows with the installer from the website and
I'm trying to
compile my i18n files with lrelease. I get this output:

------------
>lrelease mypro.pro
Could not find qmake configuration file default.
lrelease error: cannot process project file 'mypro.pro'.
------------

I generated the pro file with a script and ... yes ... there is no qmake in
the PyQt
distribution. There is no qt distribution installed in my workstation
(except for
the one in PyQt5). So, no qmake.

- Is a qmake configuration file enough to make lrelease work?
- Or does lrelease need the full qmake distribution?
- And if so, does lrelease make sense in the PyQt binary distribution?

Thank you,
Best regards,

 Gianluca Romanin (aka J_Zar)
 Skype : romaninz