[PyQt] pyqtdeploy android license issue

bootch at nc.rr.com bootch at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 17:06:15 BST 2014

When building pyqt5 static for android using pyqtdeploy 0.5 I get:  Error: This version of PyQt5 and the commercial version of Qt have incompatible licenses.

I think that both pyqt5 and Qt are the open source versions.  (One Qt is 5.2.1 installed with Ubuntu and another is 5.3 installed with the open source on-line installer from Qt website.)

I am blogging about my experience with pyqtdeploy 0.5 for android at http://plashless.wordpress.com/2014/08/19/using-pyqtdeploy0-5-on-linux-to-cross-compile-a-pyqt-app-for-android/

There you can see the exact (?) commands I used, and where I am stuck, at the end of the blog.

I am a licensed PyQt user, but have always downloaded the open source, I assume that the code is the same.  I suppose I should download a licensed PyQt to fix this problem.  But will other open source GPL users encounter this?