[PyQt] PyQt make error ubuntu 12.04

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Feb 17 20:35:00 GMT 2014

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 13:14:46 +0100 I wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 07:47:06 +0100, Pablo G Goikoetxea wrote:
> > I would like to report an issue I have experience on my Ubuntu system,
> > which prevents make to work properly.
> > My installation of python-2.7 is under /usr/include/python2.7 (by
> > default), but all the Makefiles in the PyQt distribution point towards
> > /usr/local/include/python2.7.
>
> Did this problem occur with the original package from the Riverbank
> Computing site or with the sources from the Ubuntu repository? Can you say
> how you configured the build?

I investigated this today. It turns out that the sysconfig.get_path("include")
call in configure.py returns '/usr/local/include/python2.7' whereas
sysconfig.get_python_inc() returns '/usr/include/python2.7' which is more
what you might expect. I've tried this with Python 2.7.3 on Debian Wheezy
and whatever the equivalent was on Ubuntu 12.04.

Phil, is this behaviour something you've noticed? The "modern"/"legacy" check
in configure.py isn't doing the right thing in the "modern" case.

David