[PyQt] (no subject)

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 14:23:23 GMT 2014

Hi list

I just picked up and updated one of my old pyside projects to work
with PyQt5 on Python 3. It is a file manager, using a QListView with a
QAbstractListModel to represent the files.

This is the model:
https://github.com/Adys/flipper/blob/master/flipper/main.py#L190

This is the view:
https://github.com/Adys/flipper/blob/master/flipper/views.py#L44

(Note, I haven't worked on the code in ages and it was ported directly
from pyside/qt4 on python 2 to pyqt/qt5 on python 3, so it's likely
terrible - bear with me)

When I change directory, the custom directoryChanged signal is emitted
(line 220). In turn, that calls updateDirectoryInfo(), which calls
refresh(), which emits layoutChanged (line 342).

When I last tested it (over a year ago), layoutChanged would force a
repaint of the contents of the listview. However, now that it's been
ported, it's not repainting unless I focus out of the window or select
things:
https://mediacru.sh/0srBTnDrt8k1

Any idea what might be going on?

J. Leclanche