[PyQt] use dip with a classic parent child relationship

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Wed Jan 15 18:57:39 GMT 2014

On 15-01-2014 6:38 pm, John Fabiani wrote:
> Hi,
> I have reviewed the doc's and the examples (well at least once).  So
> far it looks like alot of the automatic stuff is done and lot's of
> ways to deal with making changes.
>
> But I don't see the an example of the classic parent ->childl
> ->grandchild model.  The standard invoice header with invoice line
> items where there are two tables used.
> How is that done?  I did not gather the info from the doc (or I
> missed it).

I'm not sure I understand the question.

If you are expecting dip to automatically create a usable GUI for you
for an arbitrary model then you are going to be disappointed.
Automatically created GUIs are Ok so long as they are kept simple - for
things like dialogs or wizards, or parts of a bigger GUI.