[PyQt] PyQt Digest, Vol 114, Issue 23

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 16:38:32 GMT 2014

I wrote that instantiating a QThread produced either
> builtins.TypeError: descriptor '__init__' requires a
> 'sip.simplewrapper' object but received a 'NoneType'
or
> builtins.AttributeError: 'theAppWindow' object has no attribute 'run'
depending on whether it got a "parent" or not.

On further investigation I find this only fails when running
within Wing IDE. When run from a terminal command
line, it does not fail. Apparently there is something
about the Wing "sandbox" environment that causes this.
I will pursue it with Wingware. Thanks again for your help.