[PyQt] possible QFileDialog bug

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Jan 23 13:02:16 GMT 2014

On Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014 13:48:22 Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net> wrote:
> > Since the QFileDialog looks very much like some gtk derived one, fingers
> > point to a dysfunctional Ubuntu hack, that you suffer from.
>
> QGtkStyle is not an "Ubuntu hack", but a feature of upstream Qt.

Beg my pardon, I wasn't up to date with QGtkStyle.

Debugging this promises to be real fun.. Poor Phil.

Olivier: you might want to start with providing functional identical,
immediately compilable resp. runnable C++ and PyQt code. It would be
interesting to compare behavior using different WM and GUI styles.

When it comes to differences between similar C++ and Python code, may be
something related to stack layout or lib handling causes this issue.

Pete