[PyQt] QtQuick documentation for PyQt5?

Russell Warren russ at perspexis.com
Mon Jan 27 16:19:41 GMT 2014

Where is the documentation for getting QtQuick/QML working in PyQt5?  I'm
new to PyQt and am trying to take QML for a spin and it is a tough slog.

The PyQt4 docs had what looked to be a decent starting point, going as far
as showing the connection of signals defined in QML through to python code
(awesome):
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/qml.html

That looked great, except the QDeclarativeView is no more in PyQt5.  I see
that PyQt4.QtDeclarative is also gone, and that things have more-or-less
moved to PyQt5.QtQml and PyQt5.QtQuick.

Moving up to the new PyQt5 docs, they don't really show how to do an
application, but only seem to highlight the apparently new ability to
register python types with QML:
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/qml.html

Searching the mailing list and web, I've found a convenient (only vaguely
related) thread [1] that has both PyQt4 and PyQt5 code for the same thing,
which reveals that the proper container to use now seems to be
QtQuick.QQuickView.  This si now my starting point.

I've searched the PyQt5 docs for QQuickView references to try and find
proper docs on how to use this (like existed for PyQt4), but nothing useful
comes up.

After all that, I'll keep plugging away at this and try and port the PyQt4
documentation example to PyQt5, but I can't shake the feeling I'm not
looking in the right place for PyQt5 docs.

Where are the docs for using QtQuick in PyQt5?

Thanks,
Russ

[1]
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2013-October/033279.html