[PyQt] pyqtdeployed app crashes on launch

Dave Gradwell davegradwell at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 19:15:58 BST 2014

Hello,

The message from invocation at the command line was:
""""""""""""
admins-Mac:MacOS admin$ ./application
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system codec
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bootstrap_py3.py", line 2216, in _find_and_load
  File "bootstrap_py3.py", line 2205, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "bootstrap_py3.py", line 1191, in _load_unlocked
  File "bootstrap_py3.py", line 1161, in _load_backward_compatible
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_fix_up_module'
Abort trap: 6
""""""""""""

I went back and edited the Modules/setup file.  I uncommented:
_struct
math
time
unicodedata
syslogmodule

I built Python statically again.  I did a 'make' and 'make install' which I hoped would update the Python I'd previously built?  It didn't error when I did this and my existing 'built Python' directory was updated as I'd hoped (without having to spend 30 minutes building PyQt yet again).

But, having run pyqtdeploy again, I get the very same error from invoking the application from the command line...

Any other input very much welcome...

Best,

Dave.