[PyQt] TypeError: nativeEvent() missing 1 required positional argument: 'result'

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 23:11:38 BST 2014

I'm trying to override and call the base class version of
QWidget.nativeEvent() and just print out
what is happening.

I am having difficulty understanding how to pass a long* as result.
And calling it via super() gives me this strange message:

TypeError: nativeEvent() missing 1 required positional argument: 'result'

def nativeEvent(self, eventType, message, result):
        retval = super(QWidget, self).nativeEvent(eventType, message,
result)
        print ("nativeevent: %s %s" % (eventType, message))
        return retval

What am I doing wrong?