[PyQt] PyQt5 difference in QObject.sender() behavior?

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Mon Jul 28 18:19:44 BST 2014

I'm porting a program from PyQt4 to PyQt5. I had to change the signal
connections and such, but everything mostly runs.

I have several widget signals connected to the same slot, so inside the
slot I check the sending widget with a call to QObject.sender() . This
works in PyQt4 but in PyQt5 this function always returns None.

Since the PyQt5 signal behavior has changed from PyQt4, I suspect that I'm
doing something wrong, but beats me. Any clue?

Thanks
Tom