[PyQt] pyqtdeployed app doesn't find time, datetime

lloyd konneker bootch at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 29 16:40:05 BST 2014

These are just crude ideas:

that error message doesn't look like the ones I've seen, they are
usually something about bootstrap and import freeze_foo.  I think a
pyqtdeployed app hooks into the import process and substitutes its own
table of frozen modules.  Are you even sure it is the pyqtdeployed app
you are running?  (Maybe you just gave a short version of the
traceback?)  But this idea is probably wrong since time should be built
into the python interpreter and I don't know if pyqtdeploy intercedes on
that import?

if you haven't stripped the statically built python, 'nm python3 | grep
time | more' should tell you whether the 'time' symbol is defined in the
binary?

I had to build the time module into Python also, but I'm wondering why
now, since I don't remember my module imports time and why wouldn't
using QTime be enough?