[PyQt] qscintilla configure.py: Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 21:31:16 BST 2014

Trying to configure QScintilla 2.8.3 for my source-built version of PyQt.
This is the first time i've done this on windows.
What does this error message below mean? I need to install something?

C:\Users\r4hr-dev\Workspace\QScintilla-gpl-2.8.3\Python>python configure.py
--pyqt=PyQt5
Configuring QScintilla 2.8.3...
QScintilla 2.8.3 is being used.
The QScintilla .sip files will be installed in C:\Python33-Qt53\sip\PyQt5.
The QScintilla module will be installed in
C:\Python33-Qt53\Lib\site-packages\PyQt5.
PyQt 5.3.1 is being used.
Qt 5.3.1 is being used.
sip 4.16.1 is being used.
The sip executable is c:\Python33-Qt53\sip.exe.
The QScintilla API file will be installed in
C:/Qt/5.3/msvc2010_opengl\api\python.
Generating the C++ source for the PyQt5.Qsci module...
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.