[PyQt] ANN: pyqtdeploy v0.1 Released

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Wed Mar 26 18:02:04 GMT 2014

pyqtdeploy v0.1 has been released. It can be installed from PyPI and
there is a public Mercurial repository.

Documentation is at http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy/

It requires PyQt5 and Python v3 to run. At the moment it only supports
PyQt5 and Python v3 applications. For the next release I will look at
adding support for PyQt4 and Python v2. I will look at supporting
cross-compiling (ie. iOS and Android) in a later release - although
there is nothing stopping you doing that manually now.

If you are building static versions of SIP, PyQt5 and QScintilla then
you will need the current snapshots as they contains fixes for static
builds.

This is very much a v0.1 release. Comments and suggestions are welcome.