[PyQt] pyqtconfig and pyqt4 build system

Tommaso Vinci tommaso.vinci at polytechnique.edu
Fri Mar 28 08:31:09 GMT 2014

Dear all,
I'm working on a c++/python/qt project it's written in c++/qt but we
could also provide the python module via pyqtconfig, here is our sip
configure we're using now
https://github.com/aflux/neutrino/blob/master/sip/configure.py

since v4.10 pyqt has been radically reduced
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/build_system.html

I've had a quick look in the configure.py in the qscintilla/python tree
and noticed that became more complex: linecount doubled in the last version!

Now, I don't know the reasons of this radical change (I searched in the
mailing list archives without success), I can try to make a new
configure.py as qscintilla does, but I wonder it this will get worse soon.
Is there a main guideline for this?

besides qscintilla's configure.py is there a tutorial somewere?
I used this one http://lynxline.com/qt-python-superhybrids/

Thanks a lot