[PyQt] Problem building PyQt5 for windows 32bit

Bhavek Budia bhavek.budhia at thinkboxsoftware.com
Fri Mar 28 22:00:47 GMT 2014

I am trying to build a 32 bit version of PyQt5 on windows, for python2.7.5.
I downloaded and compiled Qt, both for windows 32 and 64.

I have managed to compile a 64 bit version of PyQt5, But when I try to do
the same for 32 bit I get this error:

.\qpycore_chimera.cpp(496) : error C2039: 'qt4_flags' : is not a member of
'_pyqt4ClassTypeDef'

I made sure I have no PyQt4 or Qt4 builds installed on my machine. I grabbed
the latest release of sip and managed to build it.

I have reproduced this error on two different machines.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Bhavek