[PyQt] ANN: pyqtdeploy v0.1 Released

Laurent Coustet laurent.coustet at clarisys.fr
Mon Mar 31 09:00:04 BST 2014

On 30/03/2014 16:09, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On 27-03-2014 6:06 pm, Laurent Coustet wrote:
>> On 26/03/2014 19:02, Phil Thompson wrote:
>>> This is very much a v0.1 release. Comments and suggestions are
>>> welcome.
>>
>> Don't you have a problem regarding the Qt configuration path,
>> defaults to ~/.Trolltech clashing between system's Qt and your
>> application ?
>>
>> I was forced to patch qt source to avoid that problem in the past.
>> (Not using pyqtdeploy)
>
> I don't understand the issue. A pyqtdeploy generated application is
> just like any other C++ Qt application.

Yes, exactly.
If you have on your system, for example, qt 5.0, and you deploy your
application bundled with another version of qt. Then, the bundled
version of qt will try to read the "default" config files for system's qt.
Which could be catastrophic for plugins, themes, fonts or whatever
config the user is using.

That's a problem i'm facing when deploying application for users using
KDE for example. My bundled qt will try to load user installed "qt"
plugins for his KDE, which kills everything.

All the best,

--
Laurent Coustet                     Tel: 09 72 11 43 60 (Appel local)
Responsable Technique CLARISYS Informatique - http://www.clarisys.fr/