[PyQt] [Eric] Eric4 issue with splitted views

Rohan Garg rohan at kde.org
Mon Mar 31 16:34:38 BST 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM, Rohan Garg <rohan at kde.org> wrote:

>> Could you be a little more specific about that side effect?

> So after apport is done collecting various bits and pieces of
> information to report a bug, it sends the data to launchpad and then opens a
> browser which allows you to finish off reporting the bug via the web
> interface.
>
> However, after applying the destroyonexit patch, it causes apport to
> open a web browser and shortly thereafter present a window which says
> that it could not start the web browser, obviously this is wrong since
> it did open the web browser.
>
> I'll have to look a bit more into the part that does that in order to fix it.
>
> Cheers
> Rohan Garg

So apparently the code just checks for the exit status of the process
and then raises the window if the exit status is anything apart from
0. Code is here [1]

Apparently the exit code for me was 256 ....

Any ideas if setting destroyonexit could be causing this? Because I
think the code to open the url is fine ...

Cheers
Rohan Garg

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~apport-hackers/apport/trunk/view/head:/apport/ui.py#L1114