[PyQt] Get parameter types from Python

Eric Frederich eric.frederich at gmail.com
Mon May 5 17:41:35 BST 2014

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to dynamically determine the parameter
types for a PyQt callable from within Python.

For example, can I somehow determine that QApplication takes a single
argument that is a list of strings?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to see if I can easily write a Qt
application using TCL via the tkinter module.  The tkinter module bridges
Python and TCL.
It is trivial to get TCL to call Python code via a "createcommand" method
on a Tkinter.Tcl instace.
The problem is that in TCL everything is a string so I need to coerce the
TCL arguments into the proper Python types.

Thanks,
~Eric