[PyQt] Waiting For A Signal

Robert Kent rob at gulon.co.uk
Tue May 20 18:30:25 BST 2014

Hi All,

As the subject line of suggests, I want to wait for a signal to be emitted
(block essentially), but I want to do this whilst keeping the GUI alive. I
have tried both creating my own event loop and re-implelmenting libqxt's
QxtSignalWaiter, but my signal of choice is never caught until after either
the event loop has quit of the signal waiter has stopped waiting. I'm
guessing this is something to do with the way the event loop is executed in
PyQt (or I'm doing something very wrong ;o). Has anyone had any success or
experience with doing this in Python (I've done it before in C++).

Thanks, Rob