[PyQt] [PyQt5] PyQt generating segfaults in very particular circumstances

Dominique Cyprès lunasspecto at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 00:38:04 GMT 2014

Hello.

I've been running into segfaults in my current PyQt5 project. They
always occur upon closing my application's main window. I've narrowed
down the conditions necessary to reproduce this problem to these:

The QMainWindow must contain a QTabWidget which contains a QsciScintilla
widget as a tab, and that widget must be connected to a QsciLexer.
Additionally, the QsciScintilla widget must have been passed to the
QsciLexer constructor as an argument.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get my QsciLexerCustom subclass to work
without passing the QsciScintilla object as an argument, even if I use
the lexer's setEditor method.

I've posted code that reproduces this problem on a pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/vQ1dYDqU

At this point I feel it's likely that I'm doing something wrong, but I
haven't a clue how to fix it.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Dominique