[PyQt] Hybrid C++ and Python in a Qt GUI

Eric Frederich eric.frederich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 14:41:10 GMT 2014

Hello,

We're starting a new project, no C++ code or Python code.
In fact, we're porting a bunch of Tcl code.

Anyway, at the end of this project I'd like to have a Qt GUI where a
developer can create a new tool for the application in either C++ or Python.

My question:
What is the best approach for something like this?

My assumption:
Please don't dwell on this if it is completely wrong, just disregard it and
answer the above question.
Assumption: the host should be PyQt since PyQt can integrate C++ components
via SIP but a C++/Qt application cannot easily integrate a PyQt component.
Another assumption: My PyQt stuff would be able to connect to C++ signals /
Slots but my C++ stuff would not be able to connect to my Python signals /
slots.  Is this true?

Thanks in advance,
~Eric