[PyQt] ANN: eric 6.0.0-RC1 released

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Nov 29 15:55:23 GMT 2014

Hi,

I just uploaded eric 6.0.0-RC1. It is the first release candidate of the upcoming eric6. It contains
mostly the same code base as eric5 but is optimized for PyQt5. Please note that it can be
used with PyQt4 as well due to a compatibility layer. It is available via

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eric-ide/files/eric6/stable/6.0.0-RC1/[1] .

If you find any issues please let me know.

Note: If one wants to use the same settings as in an already installed eric5, export them from
eric5, import them into eric6 and at least change the download directory for the plug-ins (Plugin
Manager config page).

Regards,
Detlev
--