[PyQt] connecting python code to a c++ signal

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Oct 1 19:08:41 BST 2014

hi phil,

> The modern equivalent call is...
>
> Scripter.createMenu.connect(createMenu)
>
> ...assuming Scripter is an instance of a ScripterImpl object.

yes, that was it! thanks!

but now i'm stuck with the next non conform line and i really don't get
what the function is supposed to do / what the problem is :-(

is there anybody who would volunteer a little time to help me on irc
(#pyqt on freenode?) sort the rest of the problems out?
(anywhere in switzerland is a good alternative to irc)

or should i post the next failing snippet?

> That syntax is supported by Python2 and PyQt4 so you might be better
> making all those changes first before trying Python3 and PyQt5.

the problem is that scribus now moved to Qt5 and the scripter crashes
if we don't use PyQt5...
... and debian only has PyQt5 for python 3.

so i'm forced to to this steep path.

puzzled greetings
a.l.e