[PyQt] sip.dump, but getting a string

Marcus Ottosson konstruktion at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 09:18:46 GMT 2014

that’s just asking for trouble ;)

Could you expand on this? Also, I thought this was to just to get some
output from stdout into a file, did you mean for this to go into production?

Still, a top-level wrapper isn’t necessarily a bad thing. There are things
you could catch here that couldn’t normally be caught from within a running
instance of Python. Such as a “Oops, it crashed”-style message with proper
error reporting and notification via email and such.
​

On 29 October 2014 07:31, Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> wrote:

> Hey Marcus,
>
> * Marcus Ottosson <konstruktion at gmail.com> [2014-10-29 07:02:58 +0000]:
> > How about running it via subprocess, pipe stdout and read it from there?
> > That way, you could let sip.dump print to the console and pick it
> > regardless of its origins.
>
> That's a creative idea! :)
>
> But seeing this issue happens very seldom, I really don't want to have
> a wrapper running my real tool via subprocess for all users, that's
> just asking for trouble ;)
>
> Florian
>
> --
> http://www.the-compiler.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)