[PyQt] Next Releases

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Mon Sep 8 11:59:00 BST 2014

On 08/09/2014 10:30 am, Georg Brandl wrote:

>> Sorry I'm not clear if this is still a problem or not - or whether it
>> is
>> a distro specific issue.
>
> It is a problem that I've reproduced with the system packages on Gentoo
> and Debian testing.  I haven't done any manual build/install of Qt, sip
> or
> PyQt4 on both of them.  Both provide the same version of PyQt4 (4.11.1)
> and
> sip (4.16.2).
>
>> On Ubuntu I have great difficulty in creating a test environment
>> (separate Qt, Python and PyQt builds) that doesn't seem to interact in
>> weird way with the system versions.
>
> Unforunately, I don't know how to solve that (except for removing the
> system
> packages).

I can't reproduce your problem with the system packages. (Although I can
if I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to a locally compiled Python shared library.)
But I can't get the PyQt example working either (ie. the C++ plugin
loads without error but it then doesn't load the Python plugins).

I'll wait for Scott to say if he thinks the standard Ubuntu packages
should just work and if he had to do anything to make it so.