[PyQt] Supplying PyQt5 via PyPI

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 12:55:06 BST 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:26 AM, Marcus Ottosson <konstruktion at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I’ve uploaded an initial version, compiled using VS2013x64 for Python 2.7
> x64 under Windows 8.1.

I overlooked this the first time through. You are mixing the MSVC2013
runtime with that of MSVC2008, which is used to compile py26 and py27. This
will lead to problems. And if you do compile with MSVC2008, it is very
difficult to build Qt5 with qtwebkit. I submitted a patch here a while back
that will make it possible to do so, but I never was able to figure out how
to build ICU with MSVC2008, so I gave up trying to build conda packages for
PyQt5 on py27.